Monday, December 2, 2013

with...


37.
Not sure how I have possibly celebrated 37 birthdays...
And, yet, here I am.
On the eve of my birthday...
I spent some "still" moments before Our Good Daddy.
In the quiet I poured out my affection...
In the dark I asked...
"What can I do for you?"
"I just want to do something great 'for' You."

Almost immediately... 
I heard Him say,
"How about you just do...
 'WITH' me?"

Because I often speak first with my heart and not my head...
I began to process with the giant "buts" of a little girl...
"You know how much I love you..."
"You know my heart is right in this matter."
And, again...
Almost immediately...
I heard Him tenderly speaking into the deeper places...
"Kelly, You can have a passionately, loving heart for me...
And still have bad theology in regards to my heart for you."

Undone... I remembered...
What He wants most from me...
From His children...
Is not "doing..."
It's "being."

I believe that 37 will be the number that reminds my soul...
That He is NEVER after my performance...
He is after my heart.

Our God is The God of TOGETHERNESS.
And, whether I am a rustic, cargo carrying wagon...
Or His chosen vehicle for...
Nurturing small hearts on the journey...
I, Kelly,  add NOTHING to what He has already perfected...
Through the wood and nails.
His love can NEVER be earned.
It's Him ALONE that holds and sustains.
Every year is a year marked with opportunity.
We will never have another today...
And for better or worse...
We will never have a year like the year we are currently living.

With each new day...
My picture of Him is getting better.
As I grow in His love...
He is getting bigger.
He is more kind, more loving, more generous, more playful...
More everything!

My eyes awaken wider in the joys of this wonder...
He is nearer than we know...
More loving than we could ever dream or imagine.

The greatest sacrifice this world will ever know...
Was made on our behalf...
For nearness sake.
To "do" for Him...
Just misses the goodness of The Gospel.
It's all a gift.

He is the water of life...
And I want to be a daughter that waters from Him...
With Him...
Not for Him.

Here's to 37 and futures marked with...
"WITH!"




1 comment: