Thursday, April 11, 2013

vulnerability...


Over the past few months...
The Lord has been opening my eyes...
Revealing on new levels...
His heart for vulnerability.

It seems that in our culture...
In our churches...
And in relationships...
The value of being vulnerable has been replaced with an old Eden inclination. 
We have become expert hiders.
Fear of exposure or attack...
We dress ourselves to impress...
Put our best smile and fashion forward...
Only to lose sight of...
Who we really are...
Who we were created to be.

Truth is...
I have learned...
The hard way...
Often the best blessing I can offer another...
Is the gift of being a mess.
A mess that fully trusts in His goodness...
But aches none the less.

Lately...
My desire for more of God...
Has left me wrestling.
I don't often feel Him the way I long.
I don't always see myself being used in the ways that I always dream.
Frustration... tears... and earnest prayers....
Have been my faithful companions.

Living and loving by faith is stretching me.
Somedays... 
My legs are strong for the walking...
Other days...
I simply need be carried in the arms of mercy and grace.
Either way....
I know He delights in me just the same.

His heart...
For His bride...
Is for us to be FREE!
Free to need...
Free to receive...
Free to love...
Free to be exactly where we are...
And ALWAYS... 
Free to share our struggles with others on the journey.
Witholding how our hearts are really doing...
Is like removing the climax from a good movie or a book.
We need to see the whole picture in order to better appreciate the ending.

And truth is...
Though I am not a baby anymore...
I still need to be changed daily.

More joy and life come alive..
As I offer myself as growing.
I will not hide until I have "arrived."
Because then it will be much too late.
I will celebrate beauty in the mess of today...
Personally...
And in the stories of others offered in beautiful vulnerability...
For they are indeed a love gift.










No comments:

Post a Comment