Monday, February 4, 2013

remembers...

Love remembers.
A lesson reinforced...
When Chari was readmitted to the hospital.
As they were sticking...
And re-sticking her...
Searching for a favorable vein for an I.V.
She was screaming...
Pastor was praying...
I was crying.

All I knew to utter at the time...
"Please, help her forget all of this pain."
All the surgeries...
All the picc lines...
All the shots...
All the transfusions...
The "near deaths..."
The probing...
Prodding...
And Procedures.

I am sure this is a natural response.
But I immediately felt convicted in my Spirit.
The word...
"Remember," rang LOUDLY.


It took a lot of praying and processing for me to understand...
What The Father was longing for me to grasp.
Remembering pain...
It creates a greater capacity for...
Remembering and celebrating healing.
It keeps us grounded in thankfulness.

The pain associated with Charli's story...
Continues to tempt me...
To run...
To hide..
To wall up.
The pain is VERY REAL.
But it is her story...
It's a part of her...
It's a part of me.

It is laced with...
VICTORY...
GOODNESS...
FAVOR...
BLESSING...
TEACHING...
LEARNING...
AND LOVE.

And I will not withhold it from her.
No matter the pain it brings me...
Or the pain it will most certainly bring in her future.
For in the pain...
We remember providence.
His protective care and goodness.
And this... recounting... is one of the many things...
That is worth passing down...
From generation to generation.

So instead of protecting myself from pain...
I want to protect my stories of pain.
For in time...
They always bring forth...
A bigger picture of the GREAT LOVE of our God.

Love Remembers.


No comments:

Post a Comment