Monday, February 18, 2013

what if...


In my own life...
In the past...
I have lived with a pauper mentality.
This was not my desired path...
And the honest truth is...
Even in the scarcest times growing up...
We always had plenty.

My spirit...
My soul...
My heart...
Has too often offered out of a poverty mindset.

With my defenses up...
The lie that directed my steps...
"What if there's not enough?"
"Not enough love..."
"Not enough talents..."
"Not enough time..."
"Not enough resources?"

I have lived a daughter-afraid.
What if...
I give the best I have away...
I esteem the other...
And there just isn't anything left?

This mindset has died...
But old patterns...
They can be hard to unlearn.

I am unlearning...

Allowing the old labels I have worn around since childhood...
To no longer define me.

God in His mercy...
Has equipped us with renewable minds.
To my joy...
And many days... to my surprise...
This old momma...
She is a learner of new tricks.

In discovery...

I ask myself...
What if...
I daily lived out what I know to be true...
Our God in His extravagance...
Loves to bless...
Remembering.... His economy has no end!
I have freedom to celebrate what He is up to in others.
I can love sacrificially...
I don't have to stow away...
Hiding and hoarding treasures for myself...
Because He invites all hungrys to...
"COME... Eat... drink... and be SATISFIED."
He fill us to the overflow... not out of leftovers...
But out of HIS RICHES!

The I AM...
Is not the "I was" until I ran out.
He has met our deepest need...
He is meeting our deepest needs...
He will meet our deepest needs.
ALWAYS seeing you...
ALWAYS seeing me...
ALWAYS inviting us to step into MORE ABUNDANCE.
Thank You...
For not leaving me as a Pauper.
Thank you for reminding me that as Your princess...
I am free to give EVERYTHING away...
Because in Your Kingdom...
Your love...
Your provisions...
They are overflowing...
And they change everything.
Everything!
Even the most pauper-prone princess.

What if...
We all BELIEVED...
That He is who He is says He is...
And He can do ALL that He says He will?

What if we believed...
We are who He says we are?
What if?

It is happening!

Philippians 4:19
He shall supply all your needs... 
Out of His glorious riches... 
(emphasis added)











No comments:

Post a Comment