Friday, February 22, 2013

this week...


This week...
My heart and mind have felt a bit like a two year old...
Very emotional...
Easily discouraged...
Quick to forget lessons My Daddy has lovingly taught.

This week...
Has been a week for exercising faith muscles.
Remembering...
Love doesn't always feel romantic.
But it is always a choice.

This week...
Being in love means...
Choosing to press in to truth even when the eyes of my heart feel lost.
Aware that some of the wildest treasures can actually blind us.

This week has been a week for me to explore new territories of my heart...
Repenting for long forgotten sins hiding for an opportune time...
Being lovingly redirected by those that love.
Our God is so kind to bless us with traveling partners...
Brothers and sisters that help guide when we don't quite know which path to take.
Truth is...
Not just this week...
But, every week...
I need Jesus...
With every breath I need Him.
I will NEVER need Him less...
The need only grows.

He is so aware...
We were created with a God-shaped hole...
That ever increases with each encounter.

And... He promises to never leave...
Often choosing to tenderly manifest Himself through another needy sojourner.
He is worshipped when we offer the love He has stretched us with...
To another story He so deeply loves.
This week I am thankful for His Holy Spirit.
For Truth...
For Grace...
For brothers and sisters that model love...
And for His sufficient blood that is always...
More than enough for two year old hearts.
Interceding for other hearts this week that have perhaps felt a little lost...
Praying against lies of discouragement...
And thankful for our King Jesus who lives to intercede on our behalf and remind us...
Whose we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment