Wednesday, March 6, 2013

a new war...



In my heart... 
And in the hearts of most...
A battle rages.
A civil war...
One body...
Divided between...
The call of The Spirit to be still...
And... The fight of our flesh to work and earn.

How do we...
Become more like Him...
Walk deeper into our destiny...
With a posture of receiving instead of striving?

This is and continues to be another great learning assignment on my life.
One requiring many...
Divinely appointed advisors to teach and speak truth.

As the colors of my heart have often stood divided.
A new war is being waged against my slavery mindset...
A new battle plan is being put in place.

Busyness I have mastered with pizazz...
Silence and soaking in Him...
Unfortunately still lies in infancy.
With new growth taking place.

This much I know without doubt...
In order to fully love...
I must see through His lens...
This... a direct result of simply being with him.
How is this such a reoccurring struggle for me?

With the help of The Holy Spirit... 
I must choose to carve out space...
Allowing complete silence to rule over the busyness in my brain...
And my home.
Encounter the truth words from His lips...
Receive the love whispers He is forever singing over me.
My whole life...
I have spent in the bondage of becoming...
Instead of seeing myself the way He sees...
A celebrated masterpiece...
A daughter... FREE.

I was reminded again...
Just last night...
His greatest longing for me...
Has NOTHING to do with what I can do for Him...
He simply wants to be with me.

He does His best pouring in...
As I abandon my striving...
And soak in the presence of His love.
After all... what He wants most...
Is for me to lie down before Him...
Making space for Him to climb in...
Right beside me.
The war against slavery...
It is still very much alive...
In my very own heart and...
In the hearts of His beloved church.
But the longing in my soul is...
Leading... to learning.
One still moment at a time...
I am fighting a new war...
One I pray...
Brings fresh revelations...
Of His loving kindness.

Experiencing....
The best strategy for wars of the soul...
Is often to be still.



No comments:

Post a Comment