Tuesday, March 19, 2013

breathing treatment...



Breathing treatments have become a faithful friend...
To Charli...
And our entire family.
Providing peace in the storms...
When lungs are needy for deeper breaths of life.

It took some learning...
But we have all become thankful and familiar with our restoration friend.

The breathing treatment often reminds me of The Holy Spirit in my life.
When toxicity takes over as I am bombarded by the elements...
And I have grasped false airs that cannot fill...
He gently reminds me...
"Breathe ME in."
Other things may be sweet to the taste...
But they can not fill my soul with the oxygen He offers.
There is no substitute for the role of...
The Helper...
The Comforter...
The Guide...
Revealer...
Intercessor...
The Breath of Life...
Our Friend...
Our Seal.

As Charli's lungs have struggled due to her lung condition...
I am reminded of my own condition...
My own need...
For The Breath of Heaven to fill and expand my capacities.

He is the air I breathe...
His Holy presence living in me.

In order for my lungs to be strong enough...
To offer His song of love...
I need to keep my mouth open...
And remind my heart and mind to breathe in...
Deep.
I don't want The Holy Spirit to just be the breathing treatment in my life...
I want Him to be my very breath of life.
An equal lover and often overlooked member of the trinity...
I ache in the learning with longing...
To be FULLY yielded.
Praying and singing EVERYDAY...

"Holy Spirit come...
Holy Spirit rest in this place...
Teach us how to be one with You."
-Kim Walker-Smith

Oh that it were just as easy as putting a breathing treatment to my lips...
And yet...
Perhaps it's not always as hard as I think?





No comments:

Post a Comment