Wednesday, March 27, 2013

hunt...




Saturday...
Was a day for seeking.
A day to enter in deeper...
Into the heart of The Father.
A day to remember what it feels like to...
Hunt for treasure...
Like a child.
Retraining my heart to be expectant...
To come alive with exhilaration... 
As I cross over all former lines and barriers.
For great treasures are waiting to be found...
In the midst of the chaos and stampedes of life.
His heart is becoming mine...
And in abiding...
I see just how much...
He fights for...
No treasure to remain untouched.
To Him...
All are golden.
Love is NEVER a spectator sport.
I am still very much...
A learning one...
A princess whose paths are lined...
With love experts.

I am beyond thankful for brothers...
That love the comfort out of me.

After searching for eggs with my smalls...
I was launched into another hunt...
This time... 
The projects.

With drug deals and extreme poverty... marking the streets...
I was not afraid...
But I was broken.
Deeply broken over the lies that are holding God's smalls captive.
Humbled... that God would choose my hands to carry His touch of restoration.
The hunt left me asking...
How many treasures are deeply buried in the grasses that I daily walk by?
How many times have I been too afraid to risk?
How often have I chosen safety and comfort instead of surrendering to love's call?

This Saturday...
A portion of my heart was found...
Sitting on a park bench with a cheap bottle of wine.
In the eyes of Mike...
A homeless, drunk, beloved son of Our King...
I saw the Love of The Father in greater measure.

In the hunt.
I saw the heart of Jesus in the eyes of a brother that sleeps in abandoned houses.
And two worlds collided as our hearts connected...
We feasted on the Love of God.
I offered Him food truth...
He offered me a love encounter.

Yes... my resources are plenty...
But Mike blessed me with something I cannot buy...
A glimpse into the eyes of Jesus.

Oh... how I long for more!
Certain that greater revelation of Him will come...
As love abounds in greater measure...
In the church...
And as we seek to fill our baskets with His treasures that await us in the park.
On the hunt for MORE.
Just one of the MANY joys of being His child.


No comments:

Post a Comment