Friday, March 1, 2013

practice the hard...



Charli most likely...
Will frequent this learning show.
Not because she is favored...
But because she has been my trickiest small to date.

As I continue pressing further deeper into the heart of Our King...
He faithfully and repetitively suggests...
"How about we start here...
With your very own family...
And some special attention focused on this Sassy Pants."
Ok...
So the Sassy Pants part was not exactly what I heard...
But the shoe does indeed fit.

As I talked with my oldest princesses during school today...
I reminded them of something...
Something the Spirit is also teaching me...
If we want to be sons and daughters of excellence...
We must choose to practice what is hard instead of clinging...
To that which is easy.

Charli is one of a kind...
God broke the mold with this one.
And... she is surely breaking me.
In all the best and hardest ways possible.

Today...
She added to her " frequent flyer points..."
Destination... "Time out."
After a few minutes...
I checked on her.
I asked...
"Charli, are you ready to be kind?"
"Would you like to get up?"
To both questions...
I got a firm, "NO," in the form of a head shake and a scowl.

I left her a bit longer.

Over and over I asked...
Always issuing the same response.
She did not want to be kind...
She did not want to be released.

I continued to offer her freedom from the steps of isolation...
She continued to decline.

I began to process...
How many times has my Good Daddy offered me new levels of freedom...
New opportunities for love to conquer the stubborn parts of my heart...
His hand extended welcoming me out of isolation...
And... blankly looking into his loving eyes...
I decline with a firm head shake...
"No thanks, I think I'll take the stairs instead."

No doubt Charli is a daily invitation...
To practice what is hard.
Very hard.

I'm not on this mission to become an expert of the easy...
I long to master the hard.
Thankfully... Jesus has appointed the best teacher I can think of...
A little monkey on my back named...
Charli.




No comments:

Post a Comment