Friday, January 11, 2013

Bud...

Learning...
It often happens in the most unexpected ways.

My first love lesson...
Was one that I did not seek...
It was given as a gift.

As our smalls were doing storyboards for school...
Keeping each step a secret until completion was reached.
Posters were crafted with great care...
Reflecting interests regarding their heart...
Designed from images and words from magazines.

I was blessed by their creativity...
Touched by their intentionality...
But I was undone by one...
In sneaky secret...
My prince opted for a different approach to the assigned...
Completely confused as he proudly flipped his board over.
What he had chosen made no sense to me.
Thankfully I didn't giggle too loudly.
As he immediately began explaining...
His storyboard was about me.
What He thought mattered to my heart.
Unprompted and of his own accord...
He laid down his rightful opportunity to express...
His interests...
His dreams.

He placed my heart...
My story above his own.

Wow!
My heart is still learning to grasp...
The radical healing that takes place...
When in love...
We esteem the story of others over our own.

I stand amazed at how much restoration...
Continues to take place in my brokenness...
Through the love of smalls...
May I learn well from my little prince...
When it's my turn...
To flip my storyboard over...
I want to be found...
Holding up the dreams of others.

Thanks, Bud!

"The greatest love you can have for your friends is to give your life for them."
John 15:13



1 comment:

  1. Precious. What a sweet heart your little prince has!

    ReplyDelete