Monday, January 14, 2013

laid down...

In the learning...
Papa is giving me exercises to practice.
Teaching me...
What it looks like...
To offer...
His heart in sacrificial ways.

Love that honors the Father ...
Is one that reflects His light...
FULLY Surrendering...
To the hands of another...
One that calls us to be laid down...
So His new can rise up.
Surrender...
It's painful.

Today.
I don't feel like loving well...
And it shows.

The example that has gone before...
Teaches me about choice...
Ushering me forward by the hand...
Will I choose to step in?
It feels cold...
It feels painful...
My flesh screams "NO!"
My heart cries...

A small "yes!"

Because... despite what I feel so situationally entitled to...
The ache for Him to rise up in me...
Is bigger.
I need His sign and seal...
His baptism of love...
To wash over me moment by moment.

Struggling today...
The feeling of love isn't raging.
Eating my words...
Learning to be a daughter-laid-down.

Thankful for my unfailing example of love.
Hankies and recording tools...
In full swing today.
Humbly learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment