Wednesday, January 23, 2013

terrified...

The more moments I live...
The more aware I become...
Of just how much...
People are terrified...
To love and be loved.

A new friend recently shared...
"It's just too risky."
"I am afraid."
"So I build walls."

My heart breaks...
As I look around...
Noticing...
The number one need apart from salvation...
Coincides with most of the dysfunction in the human heart...
The lack of receiving and expressing love.

Love...
It calls us forth...
Inviting us to throw caution to the wind.
We can either respond with constructing igloos of isolation...
Or
Allow the ride...
To spin the control out of US.
Allowing travel...
Over the slick... hard... icy walls of the heart...
Into deeper levels of abandonment...
Prompting to us to behave in the most uncharacteristic of ways.

As a daughter...
It's my honor and highest calling...
To know and reflect the passions of His heart...
To be a lover of His body...
Inviting the terrified to embrace that which feels so risky.

For you cannot shut your eyes to love and expect to fully live.
I have learned from personal experience...
It's more terrifying to live with love walled out.
Than risk the hurt it most certainly brings.
Terrified...
To be deeply afraid.
Praying God would use me to break this off of His beloved.
For His perfect love...
It casts out all terror...
Setting the terrified FREE!


No comments:

Post a Comment