Wednesday, January 9, 2013

the new...

Well... this is it!
After much seeking...
Direction has been given for this new season.
The writing's on the wall.
I must be honest...
It feels dangerous to begin again.
What if I heard wrong?
What if I have nothing valuable to say?
What if I just can't do it?
What if I look like a fool?
All real thoughts...
Surfacing over and over again.

Truth is....
I know what is stirring in my heart.
In the end...
I would rather risk and be wrong...
Than disobey.

So...
Off we go...
Again...
Good Pastor, Lu, Shorty, Bud, Charli and myself...
Hopefuls...
Walking by FAITH...
Risking it ALL...
To learn more about the greatest...
As it is newly birthed...
It will resemble its "Invitation To Eavesdrop" sibling...
But... in time...
It will have it's own unique story.

It will surely be imperfect...
Wild...
Untamed...
And painfully adventurous.

I have ZERO idea...
What this operation will look like.
Desiring to be totally yielded...
We are seeking with Spirit-eyes...
To encounter the Love of The Father...
So we can give a greater portion of Him away.

Settling for nothing less...
I want a love affair with God...
An ACTIVE enthusiasm for The One that rescues me.
To be clothed in crazy love...
Better equipped to be His hands and His feet.

Oh...
The learning curve...
Impossible for these hands to grasp by themselves.
The calling...
Sure to fail if attempted on my own.
Thankful for the sea of teachers that flood our paths...
Everyday...
Everywhere.

Love of The Jesus kind...
Is mysterious...
Miraculous...
Radical...
Relentless...
All Consuming...
It's SCANDALOUS!

As we learn...
I pray we take after our Father...
A scandalous lover.

Eyes alert...
Ears open...
Heart attentive...
Baby steps and stumbles in progress.

Day 1.
The new.
Love.
It's the ONLY thing that counts.
And we're ALL in!





No comments:

Post a Comment